Gerber OMEGA™ Specifications & Requirements
OMEGA 8.0 Computer Hardware and Software Requirements
OMEGA 8.0 is compatible with:
- Windows® 11 Professional 32 or 64 bit*
- Windows® 10 Professional 32 or 64 bit*
- Windows® 8 Professional 32 or 64 bit*
- Auto-Carve 3D* will not run on 64 bit systems, even if upgrading from a previous version of OMEGA. 32 bit OS is required for these
- Windows 8. 10 and 11 no longer support ECP parallel ports. Therefore GERBER EDGE® and GERBER EDGE 2 printers must use a Gerber USB to Parallel Port option (P83301A) that can interface EDGE and EDGE 2 printers to computers with these operating systems.
- The EDGE FX uses an Ethernet port and does not require any additional adapters.
Minimum hardware requirements are dictated by the operating system used.
|CPU||Intel Pentium IV™ (a higher-performance processor is recommended)|
|RAM||2 GB (more recommended)|
|Free Disk Space||40+ GB (more recommended)|
|Video Display||1024 X 728 min resolution and support of 16 million colors. Other video hardware as required by your operating system.|
|3.5" Floppy drive||Optional for use with Legacy options, fonts, etc.|
|USB Ports||1 required. At least two recommended.|
|Ethernet Ports||1 required for use with the GERBER EDGE FX.|
|Serial (9-pin)||1 required for use with Gerber sprocket plotters and /or routers.
• Gerber offers a USB to Serial Adapter (P83305A) if a serial port is not available.
|Parallel Ports Not Supported||GERBER EDGE and GERBER EDGE 2 printers must use a Gerber USB to Parallel Port option (P83301A).|
|Mouse or Pointing Device||Required|
Additional hard disk space, memory and faster processors will improve performance, especially when working in data intensive operations or with large files.
If running an EDGE 1 or EDGE 2 you must use the GSP USB to Parallel cable.
- Windows 8, 10 and 11 do not support the needed EDGE 1 and EDGE 2 parallel port usage. Therefore you cannot communicate with a GERBER EDGE or EDGE 2 printer VIA PARALLEL PORT when using these operating systems. You will need the above GSP USB to Parallel Cable.
|Windows 8,10 or 11
|Windows 8, 10 or 11
|Composer and other design functions. Create and save PLT files.||OK||OK|
|Omega Plot rendering of SPL files.||OK||OK|
|EDGE and EDGE 2 connections via parallel ports||
EDGE and EDGE 2 printers must use a Gerber USB to Parallel Port option (P83301A).
|EDGE FX (Ethernet only)||OK||OK|
|Plotters via serial port||OK||OK|
|Plotters via Gerber USB to Serial Cable||OK||OK|
|Plotters via Off the shelf USB to Serial Cables||GSP Cable strongly recommended||GSP Cable strongly recommended|
* Auto-Carve 3D requires a 32 bit operating system
OMEGA Multiple Installation Programs
- If you already have Gerber OMEGA software, you can add additional complete OMEGA stations with the OMEGA Multiple Installation Program (Not available in all countries). See your Authorized Gerber Distributor for details.
Need to find your Serial Number or replace a Key Block?
- How to Find Your Serial Number and System ID Number
- Purchase Order Requirements and Block Troubleshooting